Revision as of 07:06, 25 March 2010 by Dank (Created page with '==Compiz== * Get compiz running via <tt>compiz --replace</tt>. ** Add this to GNOME's startup applications to make it your default window manager * Enable Alt+Tab window switchin...')
- Get compiz running via compiz --replace.
- Add this to GNOME's startup applications to make it your default window manager
- Enable Alt+Tab window switching via the "Application Switcher" plugin
- Enable Super+Tab folded window switching via the "Shift Switcher" plugin
- Has some conflicts with "Application Switcher" by default; I disable all but "Next Window", "Previous Window" and "Initiate"
- Be sure the "Text" rendering plugin is enabled to get window titles
- Enable desktop backgrounds with the "Wallpaper" plugin
- Video thumbnailing requires totem-video-thumbnailer, part of the totem package
- You'll also likely need raise the limit on thumbnailable media files; I thumbnail any local file < 1G
- Transparency can be had regardless of the GTK theme if using compiz's "Opacity, Brightness and Saturation" plugin
- Add an opacity rule (I use a value of 50): "(class=Gnome-panel) & !(type=PopupMenu | Dialog)"