Midnight's Simulacra, my first novel coming 2024-01-01!
Modern UNIX Programming
- An update to Stevens+Rago (update 2016: there's a recent 3rd edition of APIUE, so maybe this is handled)
Hacking the Planet! with Notcurses
The Finest Machine
The Finest Machine: The Science and the Joy of Computing.
- Fill in computer science eponym list, market as a phatty Dictionary of Ideas or Binet's Reader's Encyclopedia-like deal
- (major and semi-esoteric) Trees. A chapter on each, kinda like The Periodic Kingdom
- A guide to low-latency, high-throughput I/O on UNIX and Windows, with an emphasis on APIs
- Computer Science GRE exam prep
- Definitive biography of von Neumann (as of 2009, the three major ones are all garbage)
- possible title: Fekete Pestis (sets up unfortunate puns on my last name, though)
- The Well-Tempered Computer (working title): an in-depth guide to modern computer hardware with an emphasis on standards
- Everything from the input power to the output LEDs
- Creative Commons license
- Peak CUDA: A guide to NVIDIA microarchitecture and programming for peak on CUDA
- ATLympics, a short, poppy history/analysis of the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games
Notes on publishing with Amazon
I've successfully published on Amazon using LaTeX.
For making EPUB, I recommend tex4ebook. Use -x to drive XeTeX.
- Inner margins (that margin next to the binding): .375--1in, depending on page count
- Outer margins: minimum .25in, recommended .5in