- 'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
- Did gyre and gimble in the wabe...
-- Lewis Carroll
- Turning and turning in the widening gyre
- The falcon cannot hear the falconer...
-- William Butler Yeats
NOTE: Gyre has been subsumed by Mozilla's Rust. There will be no further development on gyre.
My term project for Professor Spencer Rugaber's CS 6390, Gyre investigates programming language support for communicating sequential processes, especially on manycore NUMA machines. It is heavily indebted to Erlang, borrowing many themes and a great deal of syntax from that language. Other influences include Concurrent ML (CML) and the BLISS systems programming language. It is partially an outgrowth of my work on libtorque, and a UNIX implementation would likely make use of that library.
- 2008, Van Roy, Haridi. Concepts, Techniques, and Models of Computer Programming.
- 2008, Lameed. "Implementing Concurrency in a Process-based Language".
- 2006, Grogono and Shearing. "A Modular Language for Concurrent Programming".
- 1996, Armstrong, Williams, Wikstrom, Virding. Concurrent Programming in Erlang.